“I love my pre-school, the teachers don’t smell like mouldy bananas and we have a really great time playing all day long” Age 4
Please see NEWS and EVENTS page for any updates on Coronavirus.
If your child is due to start school in September 2020 you should by now have accepted the offer of a place online through the Wilt’s County Council website.
Please be aware that there is work going on to support all children going into school this September and we will inform you as soon as plans are announced. If you have any specific queries with reference to school transition please email the setting at firstname.lastname@example.org as staff are monitoring emails during the normal working week.
In the meantime please find advice on preparing your children for school on our parents page.
Welcome To Old Court Community Pre-School, we are situated in the centre of Royal Wootton Bassett and there is easy access via either the Memorial Hall or Old Court (you will find us at the top of the steps if you follow the path on the left hand side as you enter Old Court), in front of the Memorial Hall building.
Old Court Community Pre-School, established in 1974, provides a safe and caring environment for young children under five years old. We recognise that each child is different, with his/her own interests, abilities and developing view of the world. We respect the many different forms of family life that children may experience as well as their social and cultural backgrounds. We work in partnership with
parents to develop the best programme of learning and support to benefit their child’s overall development. We also provide a range of support, information and advice for parents.
We are an independent pre-school that provides early years education and childcare for children aged from 2 years of age. We are a registered charity and we are run by a volunteer parent committee.
At our pre-school we are committed to providing quality care and first class education. Our approach to childcare is:
- To nurture and develop the individual personalities of all children in our care in a professional, caring and attentive manner;
- To use teaching methods designed to nurture each child’s natural curiosity and allow them to develop physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially at their own pace.
- To give all children in our care a balanced education based on learning through play and having fun.
- To liaise with all local schools to prepare your child for successful integration into school.
- To provide a stimulating and rich learning environment that encourages children’s independence.
- To liaise with parents/carers so that every child can reach their full potential.
Old Court Community Pre-School achieved ‘Good’ at its latest Ofsted inspection. The report is available for download below.
We hope our website will answer all of your queries, although, if not please do get in touch.
For information on what is happening currently at the pre-school please take a look at our News and Events page
Testimonials from parents/carers
“The Care is exceptional”.
“We leave with confidence in the care she will receive”.
“Loves Pre-School and has improved greatly in the short time of attending”.
“Safe and secure, but not prison-like”.
This website has been designed by Amie Joachim BA (Hons) – Freelance Graphic Designer